It is the time of year around Western MA …
When The Big E open it’s doors for 2 full weeks of food and fun!
If you aren’t familiar, The Big E is the largest fair in the Northeast. It is located 1305 Memorial Ave. in West Springfield, Massachusetts and truly has something for everybody… At the Big E, you can enjoy food, games, entertainment and rides! Usually when I attend The Big E, I stick to eating only my favorite fair foods (I literally have a year-long countdown that begins for the upcoming year when the fair ends…) These include:
- The LOADED baked potato from Smoke House Grill located in between the Connecticut and New Hampshire buildings on the Avenue of States.
- The GIANT Cream Puff from the Big E Bakery located in the New England Building and in the Big E Food Court.
- The ONE POUND meatball with marinara sauce from Frigo’s Foods located in the Big E Food Court.
BUT this year, I decided to branch out a little and try some of the NEW food that The Big E offered and I was very happy that I did… I may have found some new favorites!
Last weekend, my family and I spent our Saturday (literally) eating our way through The Big E #toughlife
Here are some of the foods that we ate and enjoyed immensely!
- “Chompers” are found in a food truck outside of The Better Living Center. Simply put, they are are crunchy balls of absolute deliciousness! The Taco Chompers are loaded with seasoned beef, cheddar cheese and crispy tortillas. They are served with salsa and sour cream. Also on the menu are Chicken Parm or Bacon Cheeseburger Chompers. Yum!
- Lemon “Ripieno” from Moo-licious Ice cream was a soft lemon sorbet dessert served inside a lemon… sweet and revitalizing! Moo-licious Ice cream can be found on Springfield Road. *HINT* Also, try the “Moo-Nut” (soft serve filled donut) at Moo-licious and THANK ME later 😉
- Smashed Sliders from “Bud &Burger Club” by Log Cabin/Delaney which is located inside Gate #7. These are gourmet sliders made with herbs, spices, sirloin, chuck roast and short ribs. They are served with waffle fries.
- “Sunday Supper Keg Tots” from “Captain Nemo’s” found on Commonwealth Avenue is NOT your Grandma’s Sunday Supper! The masterpiece starts with a healthy portion of garlic mashed potato and tater tots, topped with tender pot roast, cheese and sour cream.
- “Grilled Cheese Mac & Cheese” from “Granville Country Store”, inside of Gate 4 of The Big E is the ultimate comfort food! Melted, flavorful macaroni and cheese is sandwiched between two pieces of cheesy, crispy bread!
- Warm, gourmet chocolate chip cookies from “Stella’s Milk and Cookies” at Gate 9A will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Finally, I had to stop by and visit my friends at V-One Vodka to try frosé, which was delicious and refreshing on a hot Saturday afternoon. It is safe to say that I left The Big E feeling full and happy!
What are your favorite “Fair Foods” to eat?
Please comment Below!
The Big E runs from September 14th – 30th, so you still have time to attend to fill your belly with fair food and your heart with warm moments! Plan your day at The Big E by clicking here!