Here in New England, Autumn is a magical time of year! In late September, the days begin to get shorter, darkness creeps in and brings with it cooler temperatures. Some lament the end of Summer, while others rejoice the arrival of Autumn.
I LOVE Autumn! It is a season of renewal. During this time of year, something inside of me feels fresh and free… As the leaves change from peaceful green to fiery orange and red, something inside of me is ignited. Maybe it is because of Halloween or colorful foliage or my birthday, but there is a lot of fun to be had in the Fall months. I’ve created a Fall 2018 Bucket List that will help you to make the most of this precious time before Winter arrives.
So, light your fall candles, grab a PSL,
cozy up in something fuzzy and warm and read on
for inspiration to live your best “Fall Life” this season!
Now presenting my “Fall 2018 Bucket list”
- Scenic leaf peeping drive – Instructions : Get up early, get some coffee, and drive until you stumble upon stunning, colorful trees. Get out of the car, take photos and crunch in the leaves. This is a simple activity, but it one of my favorites! Along the way, you will probably find some hidden gems like a cute cafe or lunch joint, a lively farm, and landscapes that will take your breath away!
- Visit a Farm or Pumpkin patch – As hinted above, while you are taking a scenic leaf peeping drive, you are bound to stumble upon a Farm or a Pumpkin Patch that is adorned in it’s autumn best, including Mums and scarecrows… I HIGHLY recommend stopping in and taking a look around. There is something “so Fall” about a farm that sells fresh produce and handmade fall goodies. Nothing beats enjoying warm apple cider donuts and fresh cider while browsing a field of gourds while surrounded by vibrant colored trees. Once you get your pumpkins home, make it an occasion by carving spooky faces on your pumpkins and roasting the seeds with salt and pepper! It’s a full day of Fall fun!
- Bonfire and Make S’mores – There is something special about wrapping yourself in a cozy blanket and sitting around a fire with close friends or family. The situation becomes even MORE glorious when marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers are consumed! Try a “Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup” in place of the usual chocolate and you will be “Wowed”! To learn s’more about Making S’Mores click here
- Halloween movie marathon – During the ENTIRE month of October, I watch Halloween movies. CLICK HERE for my list of THE BEST NON-SCARY HALLOWEEN MOVIES! (Hint : My all-time favorite Halloween movie? HOCUS POCUS, of course!)
- Halloween party & hand out candy to Trick-or-Treaters – Even though I am an adult, I still like to do Halloween 100%! This means that on Halloween Night, I like to get dressed up in costume, make a yummy dinner and wait for kids to ring the doorbell. I’ll pop on some Halloween music or a movie to set the tone for the evening and pour a glass of wine while awaiting the Trick-or-Treaters! I will even answer the door “in character” depending on my costume!
- Try new recipes for soups and stews – I could eat soup everyday. For real! Whether it is 30 degrees or 90 degrees outside, I just love to eat soup… it is my comfort food. When the Fall months roll around, it becomes a bit more acceptable to make a boiling pot of goodness than it is in the Summertime. I make the usual favorites – chicken noodle soup, vegetable soup, macaroni and tomato soup, beef stew, cabbage soup, Italian Wedding soup, etc. However, I am on the hunt for new (and delicious) recipes to warm my belly! Know of any?! Comment below or contact me through one of my social media channels!
- Get Spooky– To celebrate Halloween, it is only fitting that you partake in some good ol’ fashioned scary fun. Try to gather some friends and go to a Haunted House, hayride or corn maze! Or do some research and visit an old cemetery or read ghost stories for some spooky times. Here in Massachusetts, a lot of people will go to the historical cemeteries in Salem, where Salem Witch Trial victims are laid to rest.
- Take a hike or nature walk – Lace up your sneakers and get outside and enjoy Mother Nature… The beauty of Fall is fleeting, so make it a point to get out and enjoy every moment of it! Go for a walk or run with friends or explore a new hiking trail for a challenge… I’m sure the view at the summit will be worth the effort! *foliage* You’ll be doing something good for your body, taking joy in time with loved ones, loving the outdoors and savoring Autumn! Win, win!
- Count blessings & Practice Gratitude – Autumn is the season of Thanks and is the perfect time to reflect on all for which we are grateful. Before you get out of bed try thinking of five things in your life that you appreciate. It sets a peaceful, positive tone for each day. Health, Family, Opportunity, Friends, Faith… your list goes on and on!
1 thought on “Fall 2018 Bucket List”
Hiya! I just want to give an enormous thumbs up for the good data you’ve got right here on this post. I can be coming back to your blog for more soon.
Comments are closed.